Bus – If your child is not travelling on the bus to school please phone the driver Michael on 0275299339 before 8am. All bus children are asked to fill in an intention sheet each term with their after school arrangements. If this changes for any reason please let the office know before 2.45pm (leave a message if unattended). For safety reasons we must know who is on the bus.
If you’d like to pay by credit card, please use the LOOP ordering system – go to mybookclub.scholastic.co.nz and follow the prompts to place your order.
All orders usually arrive back at school about a week to 10 days after they are sent away and sorted by the office then given to the children (or kept at the office for you to collect).
Enrolment at School
- $60 ($15 per term) – 1 child
- $90 ($22.50 per term) – 2 or more children
Hire of School Buildings
Important messages and the weekly school newsletter are available on the school website and Facebook page.
Money at School
The News Centre on the school website contains latest news, stories and events from the children.
Policies and Procedures
Reporting to Parents
School Rules Not Mentioned Elsewhere
- Children are not permitted to bring chewing gum, lollies or bottles of sugary drinks to school, especially energy or fizzy drinks. We have filtered water available through two fountains.
- Children with long hair should keep it tied back at all times, especially for safety reasons on the playground.
- Sunhats are compulsory during terms 1 and 4 as per our Sun Safe Policy. Sunhats are issued to all children and the cost of $17 is added to their term account.
- Hurunui Swimming Sports (Years 5 – 8) – Cheviot or Waiau
- Hurunui Athletic Sports (Years5 – 8) – Culverden
- T-Ball (Years 3 – 4) – Scargill Domain
- Softball (Years 5 – 6) – Amuri Area School
- 7 a’side Tournament (Years 4 – 8) – Amuri Area School
- Cross Country (Years 4 – 8) – Waikari School
- Hurunui Duathalon (Years 5 – 8) – Hanmer Springs
- Kiwi Sport (Years 1 – 6) – Scargill Domain
Swimming is part of our Physical Education programme so all children are expected to participate. Our own school pool is open in Term 1 for Swim Safe instruction organised by teachers. Children also have access to the Hanmer Thermal Pools for a school wide based swimming instruction programme called Waiswim (Years 1 – 6 only) for two weeks in Terms 1 or 4, which is led by professional swim instructors.
There are two swimming school sports which are held in Term One: a) A competitive event held at the Hanmer Springs Thermal pools, which is predominantly for Years 4-8. b) A non-competitive event held at the Hanmer Springs School pool, which is predominantly for Years 1-3.
Skateboards /Scooters/Bikes Skateboards, scooters and bikes may be used at the discretion of the staff at playtimes (currently Wednesdays only), but safety helmets must be worn at all times.
- Rotherham/Waiau/Culverden $5
- Hawarden/Scargill $7
- Cheviot/Christchurch $10